1. Facilities: it was a bit like Military Jetty Caravan Park. In good working order but like a step back in time to the 60’s era. It was a council run park and had no facilities other than the amenities…no park, pool or any of that. It was right across from the Causeway Lake and you could do boat, paddle boat hire, etc which was not connected to the park.
2. Service: the manageress is very busy so to be honest we didn’t see very much of her so we can’t complain about the service.
3. Price: it was $22/night then with the kids added came to $30/night for the stay. We stated 4 nights.
4. Location: we suggest getting supplies from Rockhampton before heading out. There is a great butcher we talk about in a blog about our stay around here because at Causeway Lake there is literally just the caravan park and a takeaway store and the boat hire. You can drive into Yeppoon which is about a 20 minute drive to shops. For relaxing, fishing, beach type fun it is a perfect location and the caravan park is located where you can park the car and not need it again if you are all stocked up.
5. Overall comment: it is not a rated caravan park so I would rate it about a 3 star. The people were all friendly and chatty and we felt very welcome. The girls were the only kids but unlike the Hervey Bay experience where we felt we should have locked them up here no one bothered and would come and see them doing their school work and seemed to be interested in us as holiday makers.
Renae is the founder & CEO of SK who has been working with families for decades. Her educational background in Early Childhood teaching as well as Social Science and Community services has given her a broad base to her approach which focuses on balancing the informative but never at the expense of providing an entertaining read.
From working in the private setting, not for profit, as well as government agencies and at times combining her love of travel and work on a global scale, she is also a mum who has experienced the poo blowouts, the shopping tantrums and the sleepless nights.