SK has been a part of household living rooms since 2006. We have been supporting, educating and empowering parents, nanny’s and educators navigating the early years and sharing the journey. We understand the highs and lows, the challenges and triumphs that come with those early years.
SK has evolved over time incorporating not only new additions and upgrades, but whole new sections and categories.
The SK philosophy is advocating for a nurturing, common-sense approach to parenting and the care and education of children through education, empowerment and support.
We offer the tools you may be searching for to assist and support you in developing and nurturing your own ways to promote your children’s growth and development. (This is the main function but our overall goal is to conquer the world in providing the child related info via SK- you can help by spreading the word!).
We are jam packed with articles, checklists, videos, product reviews, blog and tips and tools that are full of practical information to help/ support/advise …. we are Seriously useful!
What We Do
SK was developed to provide an educational resource for parents, nanny’s and educators through practical information, tools, strategies and resources to support, educate and empower along with sharing the journey of navigating the early years for all.
SK supports the early years (0-8) through education and empowerment applying a strong platform engaging with our viewers as well as key stakeholders within the Early Childhood industry.
We are propelled by the need and want to improve the well-being as well as the educational outcomes for children, whilst supporting the families/educator/nanny in the process.
- Provide a network that facilitates and promotes the coming together and accessing information and knowledge to promote the nurturing and support of children and their families during the early years.
- Share knowledge, experiences and research collectively.
- Increase opportunities to share and respond to evidence based information.
- Engage members and viewers to inform, share and discuss emerging early years issues and research.
- Advocate to the community and decision makers.
- Work closely with families, educators, nanny’s community groups to ensure that we are well informed and to promote the focus of children’s well-being.
- Conduct and remain abreast of current research and best practice.
- Gain and provide insights and perspectives in relation to what is influencing early childhood development.
- Promote understanding about the importance of the early years through education, information and collaboration with stakeholders and viewers.
- Invite and encourage guest speakers, practitioners and submissions relevant to the early years to be featured within the SK scope.
- Link viewers with services and other relevant organisations within their community or online.
- Bring attention to and raise awareness in relation to the early years and policy changes.
- Build an online supportive community.
Want to link with us?
Considering linking to us and/or want to build a relationship with us?
We are generally happy to link with most sites or companies that are relevant to SK. Before you just go ahead be aware you do require permission from SK prior to establishing a link.
Talk to us about your plans or link opportunity via contact us.